Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly my machine does not recognize the iPod

suddenly my PC does not recognize any of my iPods

iPod nano, Windows 8, I hate windows 8

Posted on May 2, 2016 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2016 1:45 PM

If you are using the same USB docking cable with all of your iPods, try a different cable to rule out faulty cable as the cause.

As a test, shut down the PC and disconnect all USB devices. You can leave standard USB keyboard/mouse connected, if used. If the PC is a laptop, connect its power adapter so that it's not running on battery power. Do this to Reset (restart) one of your iPods

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

Start up computer, run iTunes, and connect iPod to a direct USB port on the PC, by itself. Is there any difference?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2016 1:45 PM in response to Muhlenmerg55

If you are using the same USB docking cable with all of your iPods, try a different cable to rule out faulty cable as the cause.

As a test, shut down the PC and disconnect all USB devices. You can leave standard USB keyboard/mouse connected, if used. If the PC is a laptop, connect its power adapter so that it's not running on battery power. Do this to Reset (restart) one of your iPods

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

Start up computer, run iTunes, and connect iPod to a direct USB port on the PC, by itself. Is there any difference?

Suddenly my machine does not recognize the iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.