Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

constant reactivations on Apple TV

Can someone please explain why whenever Apple TV (2) hiccups I need to reactivates all my entertainment/info apps i.e. HBO Go, Watch ESPN, CNN etc. Apple TV is the only place where this happens. I am to the point where I refuse to do it anymore. Once is enough. Thank You

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on May 2, 2016 7:25 PM

6 replies

May 3, 2016 12:25 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Hi,

He means when he dips it in one of those very large wine glasses when it has wine in it 😁👿

This posts is designed to be mildly humorous ( I follow the iChat Community were this was Originally Posted and I followed it here).

Apple TV (2)

I would have read this as Apple TV version 2 myself.

User uploaded file

8:25 pm Tuesday; May 3, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (El Capitan)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone and an iPad (2)

May 4, 2016 4:14 AM in response to Rizon53812

Just a thought here. Have you been selecting "Reset" to recover from these hiccups? That clears out all settings. "Restart" is all you need to get back to normal after some problem, and it leaves your settings intact.

Also, how is ATV connecting to the internet? There's a remote possibility that the servers see it as a new client and require new logins.

May 4, 2016 2:42 PM in response to Rizon53812

I have been having the same problem. No hiccup is needed. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when I will have to reactivate an app. Also, it happens on both 3rd generation and 4th generation Apple TV - I have both. PBS seems to never require reactivation, but most apps do, usually about once a week - again there seems to be no pattern. This may not be Apple's fault, but they are going to have to fix it. If not Apple, then who can help fix this? My cable company? Or do I have to contact Disney, or NBC, or ESPN, or whoever else has a "faulty" app? Or is this going to be just the way it is?

constant reactivations on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.