Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 won't connect to cellular network (T-Mobile)

Hi there. A couple of weeks ago my iPhone lost connection with my cellular network, began to say "Searching" in the top left corner, and the Carrier part of Settings (underneath WiFi, Bluetooth, Cellular, Personal HotSpot) completely disappeared. There is no physical damage to it and it will still connect to wifi networks without a problem. I tried: turning the phone on and off, turning Airplane mode on and off, ensuring I have the latest software update (iOS 9.3.1), resetting my network settings, restoring through iTunes, removing and cleaning my SIM card, and testing a new SIM card at T-Mobile. My phone successfully connected to the cellular network only after doing the iTunes reset and setting it up as a new device (it did not work after restoring it from a backup). However, after syncing my phone with iTunes to put my music on it, it once again said "Searching" and won't connect to the network. I did another reset, set it up as a new device again, and have not synced with iTunes, and it is now staying connected to the cellular network. Has this happened to any of you? Could my computer or iTunes have a problem that is transferring to my phone? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for how to fix this. Thank you!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 9:11 PM

3 replies

May 2, 2016 10:50 PM in response to chantelelel

There may be something in your prior content that is interrupting or otherwise corrupting the connection

The litmus test is the difference between restoring as new (factory condition) versus restoring from backup

If the former resolves the error and restoring from backup brings that error back - then there is a high likelihood that something in that content is causing the issue.

May 3, 2016 2:07 PM in response to chantelelel

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I updated and then several days later, the phone starts to drop cell service, until eventually it wont connect at all. Resetting network setting brought it back a few times, but only for periods of no longer than 10 min. Then I resorted to full restore, and the first time it didn't work. The second time it stayed connected for about 30 min, and then back to the same story. This is really ******* me off, the phone is in great physical condition and the sim card registers fine in any other device. Really screwed the pooch on this update Apple. PLEEEEEASE FIX

iPhone 6 won't connect to cellular network (T-Mobile)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.