Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to insure a proper Time Machine back up after quitting mid-process?

I am trying to make a back up of my information before switching to El Capitain:

My back-up was going slow so I stopped it during the back-up process about 7 GB's to the 50 GB's through. I wanted to remove my download of El Capitan and was hoping to make it a smother/ a faster back up. I think that was a mistake.

I then dragged the 7 GB's backed up to the trash where it remains. I tried to start over, but it seems like it is leaving off from the old spot even after I physically dragged the previous backup into the trash.

I would like to start over or at least feel confident that I backed up everything correctly.

I just do not want to have an incomplete backup.

Any advise from an expert would be appreciated.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 2, 2016 8:13 PM

7 replies

May 2, 2016 11:41 PM in response to ManSinha

Ok. It did not see an option to reformat from Time Machine. It seemed to want to just run from the current spot even though it looked like I the portion I removed was gone to the trash. When I went to info on the 500 GB Portable Drive it still showed that that about 7 GB was used even though I dragged it off.

How do I reformat easily I guess would be my question? I want to do it properly.

Thanks!

How to insure a proper Time Machine back up after quitting mid-process?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.