Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Credit card is declined when I try to add credit card, and my debit card, I tried that as well. On top of that I ordered a gift card and had it emailed and apparently the numbers are not recognized. What is going on apple ??

My Credit card is declined when I try to add credit card, and my debit card, I tried that as well. On top of that I ordered a gift card and had it emailed and apparently the numbers are not recognized. What is going on apple ??

Posted on May 2, 2016 10:20 PM

2 replies

May 3, 2016 3:29 AM in response to RavensWolf

As you already know you are talking to fellow users on these forums, not Apple nor iTunes Support.

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you are (and therefore the country which is on your iTunes account) - and a debit card might not work, not all seem to still be accepted.

The card that you got is an iTunes/App Store card not an Apple Store card, and is for the country where you are ? And you've tried : If you can't redeem your iTunes Store Gift Card or code - Apple Support ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.