Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you download apps without a credit card in the Netherlands?

I can't purchase any apps or even download free apps on my apple devices. ClickandBuy does not work any more. The only payment options available are credit cards. I do not have a Dutch credit card and the only non-Dutch card i have is not accepted. I tried buying iTunes credit. I cannot redeem it either. Right now THERE IS NO SINGLE WAY FOR ME TO DOWNLOAD APPS in the iTunes store. Ridiculous.

iPad Air, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 1:04 AM

8 replies

Jun 16, 2016 1:11 AM in response to King_Penguin

It is been 2 years I am trying to find an option for this issue as I moved from France to The Netherlands, so I read all your Support page already 😉

I have a French credit card linked to my AppleID, I am using the French App Store for now.

When I try to switch store, I only have the choice between Visa / MasterCard / Amex, but I only own a Dutch debit card so I will apparently never be able to download any Dutch app because of this 'limitation'.

Jun 16, 2016 1:17 AM in response to margot-

so I read all your Support page already

We are fellow users on these forums, you aren't talking to iTunes Support nor Apple on here.

When you change countries : Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

What happens when you try your Dutch debit card (and is it a Visa, MasterCard or Amex) ? If it's not accepted, and it's registered to the same name and Dutch address as you are trying to change to, you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if there is anything that they can do to remove the card requirement for you : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

You can't use the France store whilst in the Netherlands (you have to be in a country to use its store, that is part of the store's terms), when Apple detect it they are likely to permanently disable the account.

Jun 16, 2016 1:25 AM in response to King_Penguin

We are fellow users on these forums, you aren't talking to iTunes Support nor Apple on here.

Oh okay, thank you very much then for your time 🙂

I will try to enter again my debit card info even if it is a Maestro one.

You can't use the France store whilst in the Netherlands (you have to be in a country to use its store, that is part of the store's terms), when Apple detect it they are likely to permanently disable the account.

I am using the French Store in The Netherlands and never get any trouble yet !

How do you download apps without a credit card in the Netherlands?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.