Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Support Coverage shows 'Repairs and Service Coverage: Expired' on a 10-month-old MacBook Pro

I bought a 13" Retina MacBook Pro (Early 2015 edition) 10 months ago from an authorized retailer in my country. I didn't buy AppleCare at the time as I couldn't and I thought I would do that later. But now that I want to and went on to check the warranty status on my product, this is what I got. Does it mean my product can no longer have AppleCare? How can a 10-month-old product's warranty get expired? I have both the box my Mac came with an original receipt of purchase. What are my options here?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 2, 2016 10:37 PM

8 replies

May 2, 2016 10:43 PM in response to basitsaeed

This is from the website

Every Mac comes with a one-year limited warrantyand up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

I would advise you to click on the support link at the top of the page and chat with Apple and see what they have to say - chances are that the information on the website you are checking may be erroneous

May 2, 2016 11:03 PM in response to basitsaeed

Unfortunately, Apple usually starts the warranty period when they ship the product; when you purchase a Mac from a reseller, you need to register it online using your Apple ID and possibly having to prove the purchase date by sending a copy of your purchase receipt to Apple as the product might have been sitting at the reseller for weeks.

So, did you register your device online? If you still have the receipt, I'd suggest contacting Apple to get the date changed.

May 2, 2016 11:30 PM in response to babowa

babowa wrote:

Unfortunately, Apple usually starts the warranty period when they ship the product; when you purchase a Mac from a reseller, you need to register it online using your Apple ID and possibly having to prove the purchase date by sending a copy of your purchase receipt to Apple as the product might have been sitting at the reseller for weeks.

So, did you register your device online? If you still have the receipt, I'd suggest contacting Apple to get the date changed.

Yep I remember registering it online but they never asked for a have the purchase receipt sent to them. I do, however, have that purchase receipt with me.

May 3, 2016 7:28 AM in response to basitsaeed

Did you register it with your purchase date? As I said, the date is automatically set by Apple when 1) you buy the product directly from Apple or 2) when the product is shipped to the reseller. So, you would need to check the dates on your online registration.

And yes, the warranty is for one year - but, as I said, it depends on when the warranty was started.

At this point, I would take it and the receipt to your nearest Apple store and ask them to change the date. You can then purchase Applecare (the extended plan) if that is what you want to do.

Apple Support Coverage shows 'Repairs and Service Coverage: Expired' on a 10-month-old MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.