Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clear storage of old podcasts?

Recently changed my approach to Podcast subscriptions, do I only have video podcasts on the iPad. I unsubscribed from all audio podcasts, then deleted them from the My Podcasts list.

Unfortunately, in spite of Restarts, Resets and iOS Updates which involved Restores from Backups, I did not regain all the storage space occupied by the now-deleted audio podcasts.

What else should I try to regain the storage space?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3

Posted on May 2, 2016 11:32 PM

4 replies

May 3, 2016 12:04 AM in response to TMHahn

That's where I see that Podcasts are still occupying much more storage space than they should, but it's not possible to clear them from there, hence the question.

All those deleted audio podcasts seem to have been added to Documents & Data. Only the video podcasts that I still subscribe to on the iPad can be deleted from there.

May 3, 2016 12:36 AM in response to TMHahn

I might have no choice but to try this.

I did something similar with Photos storage on an iPhone, but it still didn't clear everything (I have a seperate post about that).

I've been trying to avoid restoring the devices to factory conditions, then sync them via iTunes, rather than restoring from backups (which just brings back the files I'm trying to delete), but I might have no choice...

Thanks for your suggestions.

How to clear storage of old podcasts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.