Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way to recover video files not backed up? (New iPhone 6 same sim card)

So about a week ago, I dropped my iPhone 6 in some water. I was dumb and hadn't backed up my iPhone for several months, so when I got my new iPhone and put the old sim card in it, I had lost a lot of data. The only things I really care about are my photos and videos though, as I am studying abroad and do not want to lose those memories. For some reason, luckily my photo stream backed up and saved all my pictures, but I lost all my videos from those several months. I was wondering if there is ANY way to get those files back? I had not backed up to iCloud for several months, but I had been connecting my phone with iTunes (at the Apple store the guy said if I had been doing that frequently it may have saved my files), so I assumed there could possibly be an iTunes backup from more recently. However, when I tried to back up with iTunes, it did the iCloud backup from several months ago.

Computer savvy people, please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do it retrieve these lost video files (most of the vids were saved to my camera roll from snapchat). I have been looking up iPhone data recovery apps, but FoneLab does not include old files not backed up. I know this is my fault for being dumb but I am desperate and if there is any way, I would like to know how. Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 2:41 AM

3 replies

Any way to recover video files not backed up? (New iPhone 6 same sim card)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.