Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 icloud locked help

So its probably been asked 100's of times but hear go's.

Bought an ipad off the car boot (swap meet to you yanks) yesterday cheap no life in it changed it up and its icloud locked so rang the police to see if its stolen as i would be willing to return it to rightful owner and its not reported as stolen rang apple to see if it was reported stolen on thete system and if it was could they help me get it back to owner and no its not stollen on there system.

So apple know its not stolen the police know its not stolen but apple wont lift icloud without previous owners say so.

They even asked me to go see the person i bought it off. My reply yes i will go back to the field and see if hrs still there lmfao.

Can someone point me to the terms and conditions that state the relevant details to icloud lock etc.

Thanks for your time in this probably reparative question

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1, Brick

Posted on May 3, 2016 4:46 AM

5 replies

Mar 15, 2017 2:19 AM in response to Sma113y

Actually, you would think that if this is REALLY an "anti-theft" feature, that Apple would provide some way to contact the registered owner. This could be as simple as linking the cloud-locked device to a blind email address allowing you to send email saying, "I found your iPad - if you want it back, contact XXX"

Of course, if Apple doesn't do this, then your supposition that it's just an excuse for Apple to kill old devices and render them worthless so they can sell more new ones is probably sound.

May 3, 2016 4:57 AM in response to Sma113y

You already have the answer. The ONLY person that can help you with this is the original owner of the device. The previous owner has to remove the activation lock for you. The police can not do it and neither can Apple.

You're right about something. This question has been asked hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times

May 3, 2016 5:03 AM in response to Demo

Did you read my question??

I asked the police if it wad stolen not to unlock it as if it was the could of retuned it to the person it was stolen from.

My question was can somebody point to the terms and conditions relating to icloud lock.

Thanks for your reply but next time please read before you comment.

May 3, 2016 5:19 AM in response to Sma113y

Sma113y wrote:

Did you read my question??

I asked the police if it wad stolen not to unlock it as if it was the could of retuned it to the person it was stolen from.

My question was can somebody point to the terms and conditions relating to icloud lock.

Thanks for your reply but next time please read before you comment.

Yes, I read your question. I apologize if I misread what you are trying to do. What terms are you talking about? Maybe I should ask what your ultimate objective is

iCloud: Activation Lock

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

May 3, 2016 5:35 AM in response to Demo

I want to see it written in tearm and conditions of contract with apple on purchase and use of an apple device. Im not looking for a loop hole as with the money apple spen on legal there wont be 1.

I just want to see it in black and white that state's an apple product can not be used by anyone other than the original purchaser or something along then lines.

As the question about icloud lock has been asked 100's if not 1000's of times i was hoping someone who answerd this question may have looked it up.

I have gone beyond reasonable doubt that its not stolen evan willing to reunite it woth it rightful owner if it was. And i can't see a reason for apple not to remove icloud. I haven't got original receipt or know the purchaser of it.

The only reason i see that Apple do this is to remove an older product from the market to make way for a newer 1.

I have read quite a few posts on here where people's answers are suck it up get over it theres nothing you can do and i would just like to see the evidence

Ipad 2 icloud locked help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.