Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE glass?

Hi, I've looked in the manual, online Tech specs, and searched this community and find nothing. What kind of glass does the phone have and how does it compare with Gorilla glass? I need know if I should buy a screen cover or not.

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 6:44 AM

10 replies

Nov 2, 2017 1:58 AM in response to christopherfromsausalito

If you wanna decide to use a screenprotector or not depends on what condition you want your phone to be in after some time of use.

If you want no hairline scratches then use a screen protector! That theyre not nessecary anymore is absolute rubbish, unless you dont care about minor and even major scratches.

If you tend to drop your phone i would recommend a case, unless you dont want bumps and scratches on your phone.

If you dont care how your phone looks, go ahead, throw it around and then keep telling it feels better naked, without screenprotector and case, while its horribly scratched and bruised. (like some extra smart people keep telling)

May 3, 2016 5:57 PM in response to christopherfromsausalito

There is no need to buy a screen cover - to use one or not is purely your choice. Some people use them, some do not. I don't use them and have not had a problem with any iPhone screen. Gorilla glass is just Corning's trademark name for their high strength glass. Many other glass makers produce similar types of glass and Apple does not say which one they use for their devices.

May 4, 2016 9:47 AM in response to christopherfromsausalito

I can never understand why people would ignore years of engineering on how to make a touchscreen on a $500-$900 phone comfortable and enjoyable to use, in order to run their fingers over a cheap piece of plastic. The glass is MADE to be touched. I have never had a problem with an iPhone screen and neither has my son in college, who's far tougher on his phone. I've always been able to sell our older phones as Like New. Plus, screen covers can trap dirt and moisture causing damage. But to each their own..

May 4, 2016 10:45 AM in response to mreg376

I think it can depend on where and how you use your smart phone. My neighbor is a structural engineer so is at job sites all day and lives on his iPhone. He does use a screen protector and a hard case, but he's using his iPhone is places filled with dust and grit. So there may be times it makes some sense to invest in extra protection. I've never felt the need for one personally, but I work in an office all day.

May 4, 2016 11:02 AM in response to mreg376

If you use a quality screen protector (particularly the glass ones) and they are applied properly you will not get any surprises. I gave my iPhone 6 + to a friend who is in the most dangerous environment for an iPhone that there is: she has 3 young boys. The glass screen protector broke, the screen didn't. There was no surprise when it was replaced.

iPhone SE glass?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.