Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo stream not downloading to windows

Photo stream not downloading to windows 7

iPad

Posted on May 3, 2016 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:23 PM

Hello Billy,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having issues viewing pictures from Photo Stream. The following article provides some information regarding viewing images from Photo Stream.

My Photo Stream FAQ

These excerpts seem particularly appropriate to your issue:

Windows PC

Before you can turn on My Photo Stream on your PC, you need to follow these steps:

1. Download and install iCloud for Windows.
  2. Open iCloud for Windows.
  3. Next to Photos, click Options.
  4. Select My Photo Stream.
  5. Click Done, then click Apply.

User uploaded file

and

How do I see photos in My Photo Stream?

Windows PC

When you turn on Photos, iCloud for Windows creates a Photos folder in File Explorer called iCloud Photos. My Photo Stream automatically downloads any new photos that you take on your iOS devices to the Downloads folder.

User uploaded file

You can also use these steps to see your photos on your PC:

• Windows 10: Enter iCloud Photos in the Search the web and Windows bar. When you see it in the search results, select iCloud Photos Desktop app.
  • Windows 8.1: From the Start screen, click User uploaded file in the bottom-left corner, then click iCloud >iCloud Photos app.
  • Windows 8: From the Start screen, select iCloud Photos.
  • Windows 7: Click the Windows Start button, then click Pictures. Click iCloud Photos or Photo Stream under the Favorites menu in the panel on the left. Double-click My Photo Stream to view your photos. This also shows up as a folder in the window that appears.

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2016 12:23 PM in response to Billyd11

Hello Billy,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having issues viewing pictures from Photo Stream. The following article provides some information regarding viewing images from Photo Stream.

My Photo Stream FAQ

These excerpts seem particularly appropriate to your issue:

Windows PC

Before you can turn on My Photo Stream on your PC, you need to follow these steps:

1. Download and install iCloud for Windows.
  2. Open iCloud for Windows.
  3. Next to Photos, click Options.
  4. Select My Photo Stream.
  5. Click Done, then click Apply.

User uploaded file

and

How do I see photos in My Photo Stream?

Windows PC

When you turn on Photos, iCloud for Windows creates a Photos folder in File Explorer called iCloud Photos. My Photo Stream automatically downloads any new photos that you take on your iOS devices to the Downloads folder.

User uploaded file

You can also use these steps to see your photos on your PC:

• Windows 10: Enter iCloud Photos in the Search the web and Windows bar. When you see it in the search results, select iCloud Photos Desktop app.
  • Windows 8.1: From the Start screen, click User uploaded file in the bottom-left corner, then click iCloud >iCloud Photos app.
  • Windows 8: From the Start screen, select iCloud Photos.
  • Windows 7: Click the Windows Start button, then click Pictures. Click iCloud Photos or Photo Stream under the Favorites menu in the panel on the left. Double-click My Photo Stream to view your photos. This also shows up as a folder in the window that appears.

Best regards.

May 4, 2016 12:33 PM in response to jeffd55

I Have been using photo stream for a number of years, since the control panel 5.2 update pictures are not been flowing to my windows 7 PC. I have tried installing the control panel twice. I have logged in and out at least 10 times. in the past the login trick seemed to work, not this time. I have two pictures in the download folder before the upgrade to 5.2 but none since. i like photo stream but it seems to have this problem after every upgrade.

Photo stream not downloading to windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.