Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes wont play purchased movies

I cant play a single movie bought or rented in my itunes.. i own over 350 movies and roughtly the same amount of tv show episodes.. ******* it. latest version of iTunes 12.3.3.17 and OSX El Capitan 10.11.4

Really Angry!

only Apple TV works, but downloaded movies dont on my Mac Mini, iMac 27, Macbook Air 13, Macbook Air 11.

what a rip off.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 24 GB Ram 1 TB Fusion drive 2013

Posted on May 3, 2016 6:52 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2016 7:23 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

i just tried on the iMac and it works, not on Mac Mini or Macbook Air

seems that it is to do with HD and HDCP compliance. Mac MIni uses an LG 19 inch tft screen which just stays black with no HDCP warning

as to the fact if it playable or not, if i connect a sony bravia 22 Inch TV to the Mac Mini as extra display, then it plays, on the LG

So its not that the LG cant play it, its that Apple wont let me play it, unless i foll them by adding the Sony Bravia which then bypasses the HDCP check and allows me to watch it on the 1440 pixel LG screen

Why on earth would Apple make an inbuilt compliance check that says 'if this is a blah-blah display.. dont let user play movie (even if it can play it in truth)???

Same as Quick Time playe.. wont play the m4v files and says no permission,, dash it this is my own movie paid for! let me play it on what the heck i want please Apple!

iTunes wont play purchased movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.