Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help with deleting iphone

My iPhone 6 screen is completely dead. The phone itself seems fine and is recognized when plugged into the computer but I can't do anything with it from there because I have a lock code on it and the screen is non-functioning. Anyway, I filed through the insurance to replace my phone and they say that I have to turn the "Find my iphone" function off and with some searching I have found that I can do that through icloud. Is that correct? I am waiting on an email account password to be reset because even though I know my username and password it will not let me in because I can't remember the security questions.

Next, I hate to send my phone off my phone with all of my information still in there. Is it possible to use the find my iphone to delete my phone and THEN go into icloud and turn find my iphone off??? Or will that lock me out of it basically and then it will be impossible to turn find my iphone off?

Posted on May 3, 2016 7:28 AM

3 replies

help with deleting iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.