Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud music making my music online only

Hello all! so I'm not a post a question type of guy, unless if I cant find what I need and I already have a headache because I cant find a solution to my problem.

Over the weekend I had to restore my phone and update it to the latest software (9.3.1) because I was having issues with Bluetooth connectivity. The issue was fixed but I notice some of my music was missing. I recently subscribed to apple music and I've been using it a lot. prior to the Bluetooth issue, everything was fine but now, when I sync the music in my library of iTunes (PC) to my phone, some of the songs are missing or don't get synced. After messing around with it I figured out that the music that is not syncing is music that's saved on iCloud and that's fine because the music is there, but the problem is that now in order to listen to the that music, it has to stream and use data.

I think its pretty stupid for me to have to stream music and waste data, specifically if I bought a 64GB iPhone so I could put all my music in it. There's roughly about 500 song that shouldn't be on the cloud and it seems like that the member goes higher and higher every time I check. It was in the 40's and now its in the 500's.

What I want is to have all of that music out of the cloud and saved on my iPhone and only stream music when I used apple music or for music I saved from apple music. Some songs on my iTunes library say "Waiting" with a dashed cloud and I'm not sure what that means, some are completely grayed out, either way it wont let me play it. I have a total of 5100+ songs and only 4600 are on my phone, yes all songs are checked.

So I guess what I'm asking for is to sync songs I have in my iTunes library to my iPhone like you normally would and not have them get mixed up with the cloud but still be able to use apple music.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? The one thing I've seen as a solution is to create a new library but when I do that, it restores all the information I manually put in songs, like album cover, year released correct name and artist/band. Is this the only solution?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 7:30 AM

2 replies

iCloud music making my music online only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.