Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

undo the sync

I synced my new iPhone via PC and it prompted 2 options when I plugged in: new iPhone or previous account. I chose using the previous account worried that old contents would be missing. The phone got into reset mode and it ended up that all my new iPhone contents (photos/videos etc) were missing and downloaded with previous account contents. Please help me to recover the new contents.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 7:44 AM

5 replies

May 3, 2016 8:24 AM in response to kimpoh

kimpoh wrote:

I synced my new iPhone via PC and it prompted 2 options when I plugged in: new iPhone or previous account.

I have seen those options before and I have seen posts to that effect here. IMO the instructions are a bit confusing and should be clarified. Selecting New will not wipe your new phone clean but that is not apparent from the question.

May 4, 2016 6:41 AM in response to kimpoh

kimpoh wrote:

Just wonder whether the photo files are resided in one of the hidden directories in the phone?

That's out of my league. I have never had to try it. See what you can find with a Google search. As far as I know, most of the third party apps that claim to recover photos, files, etc. still need to find a backup somewhere, but like I said, I have never looked into it myself.

undo the sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.