Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to change itunes and apps apple ID

Setup family sharing with multiple iphones and ipads. Everything is working fine but I think sometime ago I used my own ID instead of my spouse for downloading items. Now when I try to change the settings in my iPhone from my own ID to my spouse ID in the Settings > iTunes and App Store. The Sign on just shakes and tells me the ID or password is incorrect. I am able to log in to AppleID using my spouse AppleID but on my iPhone I cannot do so. Why as some of the downloads she made for other devices when I tried to download tells me to pay but the kids are able to download with no problem. Is it because some of the apps were downloaded in my own AppleID and not her so the device does not allow me to change?

Family

Spouse - Organizer (Credit Card is also spouse)

myself -

Son

Daughter

iPad - works

iphone spouse (iTunes and App Store - spouse AppleID)

iphone mine (iTunes and App Store - MY AppleID) ----------------------Problem is here >> somehow I am unable to change this.

iphone son (iTunes and App Store - spouse AppleID)

iphone daughter (iTunes and App Store - spouse AppleID)

Posted on May 3, 2016 7:51 AM

3 replies

May 4, 2016 11:36 AM in response to PCGuy231

Hello there PCGuy231,

It sounds like you can sign in with your spouses info in Settings > iTunes and App Stores but when you try with your credentials it fails even though you have verified that you are using the correct password and email address. I would start by quitting the Settings as well as the iTunes apps:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, make sure you have your Time and Date set to automatic:

Set the date and time manually. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time, then turn off Set Automatically.

If you had to turn that on, then restart the phone again and test it out one more time. If the issue still is not resolved I would next reset your network settings:

Reset Network Settings: When you reset network settings, previously used networks and VPN settings that weren’t installed by a configuration profile are removed. (To remove VPN settings installed by a configuration profile, go to Settings > General > Profile, select the profile, then tap Remove. This also removes other settings or accounts provided by the profile.) Wi-Fi is turned off and then back on, disconnecting you from any network you’re on. The Wi-Fi and “Ask to Join Networks” settings remain turned on.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, let us know how that goes if you would, please.

May 9, 2016 2:56 PM in response to PCGuy231

Thanks for the update! Next I would backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups
If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Unable to change itunes and apps apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.