Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of Apple ID

Hey everyone!

So I kinda got locked out of my Apple ID. I tired logging in and I get a message saying my account has been locked for security reasons. I then follow the steps to unlock my account I get a message saying that my Apple ID is "not an Apple ID". Same thing happens if I try using the forgot your password option. I tried creating a new account (since apparently, my Apple ID doesn't exist) but I get a message saying it's already in use. I had to create a new email and Apple ID just so I could ask for help here.

I even have the verify now email from Apple in the email address I used to create that Apple ID back in 2012, so I know that it exists. I tried looking for help in the support page, only to be redirected to the loop that doesn't solve anything.

Is there anyway to recover my Apple ID? 😟

null-OTHER, Other OS, Apple ID

Posted on May 3, 2016 8:36 AM

1 reply

May 4, 2016 11:42 AM in response to Community User

Hello lockedoutguy1,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that your Apple ID is locked. Furthermore, when you try to reset the Apple ID password, you are receiving an alert that the Apple ID does not exist. We know these type of issues can be frustrating, but we’re here to help.

I understand that you have already tried to reset the password, but for the sake of completeness, I suggest reading over the instructions from the following article.

If your Apple ID is locked - Apple Support

If the issue continues, it may be necessary to contact Apple Support directly for assistance with this issue.

Contact Apple Support - Apple Support

Cheers!

Locked out of Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.