Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iPad old ?

I have a 2012 3rd gen , wifi+cellular 64GB , iPad .

Only 12 Apps installed , Only 35 GB used , Most Photos .

In the last past year , Some Safari's webpages are slowly and I can live with it .

Now, I downloaded an Offline Navigation App to test it before traveling abroad .

After successfully installation , when starting to navigate , the App close itself and return to the iPad's main iOS screen .

Any advise how to use the app or any other idea will be appreciated .

iPad, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on May 3, 2016 8:48 AM

28 replies

May 3, 2016 8:54 AM in response to rony-z

If possible try to update the iOS to the maximal possible version

Chances are that the app is optimized for 9.3.1 and your profile indicates 9.1

You have enough space - so that should not be a constraint

As regards Safari - using app switcher - close Safari

Settings - Safari - Clear website history and data

Force restart the iDevice

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

See if that makes a difference - if not please post back with results and we can try and troubleshoot further

May 3, 2016 9:09 AM in response to rony-z

Your iPad will not work as fast as the new ones since the processor is now 4 years old. However, there are many users with older iPads that work just fine. Your issue could be with that particular app. You could try other navigation apps to test. You could also do a restore from backup through iTunes. That will install a new copy of the current iOS in case there are any issues with the one you have. Restores are normally recommended to users who are having problems but you could try it and see if it improves your iPad.

Restore: First backup your device using iTunes. Then import your photos to your computer and copy all important data.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

May 3, 2016 9:49 AM in response to rony-z

That is actually an interesting conundrum - by all means try to restore from backup

I actually advise people the other way around

Backup to iTunes

Then restore as NEW from iTunes - see if the problem solves

This way - you are not worried about something in the content or existing iOS that is corrupted and keeps re introducing the same error

If the issue is solved - then restore your backup

Of course this also serves as a diagnostic test - if restoring the backup restores the problem - then it is likely that something in the content of the backup is contributing to the issue

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

May 3, 2016 9:52 AM in response to rony-z

A restore from backup should retain all settings and passwords. But please note the emphasis on the word "should". While not common, restores from backup have on occasion failed and no one can make any guarantees. It was only a suggestion to possibly improve performance but if you are not comfortable with it I would not do it.

Is my iPad old ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.