Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving messages or phone calls from one person, but receive messages on my computer

Since December my sister tries to text, call or facetime nothing happens on my phone... I receive no notification of any kind or any type of message. She said the phone rings twice and goes directly to voicemail. I have an iphone 6 and ios 9.3.1 ... We've realized that its my phone with the issue and Verizon seems to think that it is an apple ID issue possibly since I link my messages to my computer, but its only happening with one person and my email isn't even linked on this phone as a receive and send.

My Imessages go through to her, but do not say they were delivered on my phone. I can call and facetime her no problem, but when she tries to do the same to me it does not go through. As soon as I open my computer I get all of the messages she has been trying to send me or any message she has sent in a groupchat we are both in. Her contact isn't on do not distrub or anything like that so I have no idea what could possibly be going on.

Its got to the point where my sister and I have to use groupme to get in touch with each other and its really inconvenient. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

I figured the issue would fix itself or that it was a glitch, but it has not and I can't continue anymore like this. If this cannot be resolved I'd honestly consider getting a different kind of phone other than an iPhone.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 3, 2016 8:57 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2016 10:34 AM in response to pattyhogan7

Try this

1. Sign out of iMessage by deactivating it in Settings - Messages

2. Sign out of iCloud

3. Delete her contact info

4. Do a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

5. Sign back into all of the above

6. Re add her contact info

Request her to do the same on her end

See if that helps - while I have come across text message issue - a single iMessage contact issue is somewhat unusual to say the least

Not receiving messages or phone calls from one person, but receive messages on my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.