Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my phone in the toilet, and after turning it off for 12 hours the screen is still glitchy and the screen sensor stopped working. Any ideas on how to fix it or how much it will cost?

While at school, my phone dropped in the toilet(just water in the toilet), and when i got home I shook all the water i could out and put it in a tub of oats and rice overnight. This morning when I turned it on the screen was still glitchy, and after using it for about 10 minutes the sensor stopped working. Any ideas on why this happened and what I can do to fix it, or how much it will cost? I have an Iphone 6s

iPhone 6s

Posted on May 3, 2016 9:22 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2016 9:26 AM in response to jtl33

jtl33 wrote:

Any ideas on why this happened

Because you dropped the device in water, and water and electronics do not mix.

jtl33 wrote:

what I can do to fix it, or how much it will cost? I have an Iphone 6s

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple store to have the device replaced. Water damage is not covered by warranty, so the cost is on your. Check this link to see what the cost would be where you are located. Other iPhone Repairs - Official Apple Support

I dropped my phone in the toilet, and after turning it off for 12 hours the screen is still glitchy and the screen sensor stopped working. Any ideas on how to fix it or how much it will cost?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.