Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i use logic pro to write subtitles into a film i'm editing? can i have control over their timing and placement? i want the words or phrases to appear somewhat rhythmically with the music itself...

I am considering buying Logic Pro but I don't know that it will be able to do this task...writing subtitles into a short film. I want them to appear as the words in the music are sung. Maybe do the bouncy ball thing, but probably more likely just appearing in time with the sung lyrics...word by word or phrase by phrase... Does this program allow me to do this? Or should I be buying something else? I want to buy logic anyway for music purposes but would like to be able to conquer this subtitle task as well. Thanks!!!

Posted on May 3, 2016 9:59 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2016 10:03 AM in response to alliej11

Hi

alliej11 wrote:

.writing subtitles into a short film. I want them to appear as the words in the music are sung. Maybe do the bouncy ball thing, but probably more likely just appearing in time with the sung lyrics...word by word or phrase by phrase...

Nope: Logic cannot do this

Motion ( or perhaps Final Cut Pro X ) would do the trick for that.

CCT

can i use logic pro to write subtitles into a film i'm editing? can i have control over their timing and placement? i want the words or phrases to appear somewhat rhythmically with the music itself...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.