Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I punch in and start recording from a certain point in the track. Like as if I made a mistake and I want it to start recording from just beforehand.

How do I punch in and start recording from a certain point in the track? Like as if I made a mistake and I want garageband to start recording from just before The mistake was made. Rather than making an entire new track and hoping that I can hit record and be on time to play when the time comes.

iOS 9.3.1, Using iRig pre amp

Posted on May 3, 2016 9:05 AM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2017 10:01 AM in response to Dream Brother

on the measures bar (the bits with the numbers directly above your top track) you can hold down the left mouse button and drag across a section. It will go yellow, and you can drag it for as far as you like. This will now loop. Handy for building up beats using the drum synth. But more importantly, when you're recording, if you want to start again, all you have to do is press space bar and r again and it'll record from the start of your looped segment.

I hit spare and r a lot!

HTH

How do I punch in and start recording from a certain point in the track. Like as if I made a mistake and I want it to start recording from just beforehand.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.