Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone scam/warning

When surfing in safari on my iphone several days ago I got the malware pop up that locked my safari...telling me to call the number for support and then it opens an email message prompting me to email my information. I was able to find the solution of clearing history/website data and thought that fixed the issue. Now, periodically when opening safari my phone acts like I have opened my mail.....it makes the sound as though I have opened my mail app and there is new mail waiting. My mail is set to manual. Is my phone compromised? Is there a fix. This all started after I updated to 9.3.1

Windows 8

Posted on May 3, 2016 10:22 AM

8 replies

May 3, 2016 10:27 AM in response to deannawhorton

Your phone has not been compromised as long as you didn't respond in any way and your phone is not jail broken. Try closing the mail app completely and force restart the phone.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

To force restart your device, press and hold both the l/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that didn't fix it, Reset all settings. Perhaps a setting got corrupted when you updated. You will not lose any data, but all of the device settings will have to be entered in the settings app again including WiFi network passwords. Settings>General>Reset>Reset all Settings.

May 3, 2016 10:37 AM in response to deannawhorton

Did you also look into

Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > ???

Delete that e-mail from your Mail app

That website maybe compromised, should be avoided.

1. Double tap Home button, swipe up Safari from multitask screen to delete Safari

2. Do in Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data

3. Do a force restart: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

Iphone scam/warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.