Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My four apple devices (two iPhones and two iPads) quit receiving yahoo mail in the mail app. I can still get it on my macbook pro. How can I restore this?

I am using IOS 9.3.1 and cannot receive yahoo mail on my iPhone or iPad as of May 1st. I can still get it on my Macbood Pro. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my iPhone 6 plus, but to no avail. Anyone else have this problem and can help me. I downloaded the yahoo mail app as a temporary fix, but would prefer to get my mail in the mail app provided with the phone. The mail does come to that yahoo app, so I just don't get what happened.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2016 10:11 AM

Hi

Go to settings Email accounts delete account that are not working then add them back again .

Cheers

Brian

13 replies

Jan 29, 2017 2:17 PM in response to myrnafromlakeville

i had this problem till just now. the problem is yahoo updated its securety and less secure app like the ios mail app need permission if you have recently been notified by yahoo to change your password. heres is what you do:

1. log into your yahoo acct.

2. mouse over your name plate when the pop up menu appears click "account info"
3. on the account info page click on the account security tab.
4. scroll down to see "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" option and turn it on it should change blue.
5. go ahead into the ios mail app or into mail setting and add your accounts if you have deleted them and log in like normal. you should be all set.

this has solved my issue on my Iphone4

Jan 29, 2017 5:13 PM in response to captainmarvel99

Not quite the hard stop on getting mail, but the same 'cannot get mail' 'User/PW incorrect'. But, I still get/send e-mail. It's purely random.

Watching the mail update at the bottom of the screen, the message timing is random. I suspect it is 'expecting' to handshake within some timing period and when it doesn't it might be dispaying the result incorrectly. I guess the Apple and Yahoo Mail team haven't been on the phone at the same time or, assumptions that worked in the past aren't relevant now.

One other issue may be multiple devices 'simultaneously' trying to access the single mail account. And IMAP (multiple sign ins) versus any or all POP accounts (single sign in) might be holding off the decision on who is legit.

May 3, 2016 10:52 AM in response to myrnafromlakeville

Try resetting your Mail Account. First close your Mail App completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Mail preview pane up until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Mail pane by scrawling to the left. Then go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > locate your email provider and click on the account. On the next page Delete Account. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Then go back to Settings > Mail… and add the account again.

May 3, 2016 11:08 AM in response to myrnafromlakeville

It used to be, at one time at least, that you could only access Yahoo mail (POP3 / IMAP) from your mobile device if you had a premium Yahoo account. Is it possible that you had a premium account that expired and reverted to a free account?

Free accounts can still be accessed via web interface whether free or premium (and also via the Yahoo mail apps).

May 17, 2016 11:32 AM in response to elcpu

After my yahoo inbox went empty out of nowhere, I tried many other tips I'd read online. This is the only one that actually worked, so thank you! I think it was the combo of quitting the app, deleting the yahoo account BEFORE restarting, restarting, and then adding it again. Because I had deleted and added yahoo mail multiple times and had also rebooted the phone, to no avail, but not in that order...so THANK YOU! That was such a strange bug!

Sep 22, 2016 3:58 PM in response to elcpu

Didn't work for me. When I reinstall Yahoo mail, I constantly get the message that my "user name or password are incorrect." They are correct. I changed my password for Yahoo mail on my PC because today a notice was sent by Yahoo that they'd been hacked TWO YEARS AGO! So I changed my password on my PC, then I went to change it in Settings on my iPhone 6 and I kept getting the "incorrect" message. I also have for the past 3-plus years constantly been getting a prompt to enter my Yahoo password when I'm in the calendar, but I just click Cancel and it goes away. Settings will not keep my new password in the Settings screen for Yahoo.

Dec 31, 2016 9:29 AM in response to dianewms

I have the same situation with my AT&T Yahoo email. Previously I used the 'Yahoo Mail' app, not the Apple 'Mail' app, because of some added sub-folder features (Other In Box). After I changed my password, if I go to att.yahoo.com and log in with new password - it's works. All the following paths take me to the same point (dead end) you described (different Yahoo web address, iPhone 'Mail' app, iPhone 'Yahoo Mail' app). I found 'Reset All Accounts' under 'Yahoo Mail' settings, but didn't seem to have an affect. I did not change the password on my Kindle Fire, but the emails are still receiving properly. Were you able to get a resolution?

My four apple devices (two iPhones and two iPads) quit receiving yahoo mail in the mail app. I can still get it on my macbook pro. How can I restore this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.