Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match after phone upgrafe.

Hello. Just upgraded phone. Backed up all data first. My itunes match music wont play. Asks to activate mobile data first??? Do need to do this or is there another really simple sollution. Never had to use data to play this stuff before. Thanks.

iPhone 5s

Posted on May 3, 2016 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 9:44 PM

Hello there, New.

It sounds like you are being prompted to use mobile data when playing music from your iPhone 5s. It sounds like you may need to make that content playable offline first. The following Knowledge Base article offers up how to do that:

Add music from the Apple Music catalog to your library on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204839

Download songs, albums, and playlists to listen to offline

You can download songs, albums, or playlists to your device so that you can listen to them when you're not connected to the Internet.* You must download songs, albums, or playlists on each device that you want to use for offline listening.

*You can download music on up to 10 devices. These songs are accessible only during your Apple Music membership.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. In the Music app, find the item that you want to download.
  2. Tap the More Options icon User uploaded file to the right of the song, album, or playlist name.
  3. Tap the Download icon User uploaded file to the right of the item's artwork. If you see a User uploaded file instead of the download icon, the item isn't in your iCloud Music Library. Tap the User uploaded file to add the item to My Music, then tap the download icon to download the item to your device.

Songs and albums appear under My Music > Library. Playlists appear under My Music > Playlists.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2016 9:44 PM in response to New user 2

Hello there, New.

It sounds like you are being prompted to use mobile data when playing music from your iPhone 5s. It sounds like you may need to make that content playable offline first. The following Knowledge Base article offers up how to do that:

Add music from the Apple Music catalog to your library on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204839

Download songs, albums, and playlists to listen to offline

You can download songs, albums, or playlists to your device so that you can listen to them when you're not connected to the Internet.* You must download songs, albums, or playlists on each device that you want to use for offline listening.

*You can download music on up to 10 devices. These songs are accessible only during your Apple Music membership.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. In the Music app, find the item that you want to download.
  2. Tap the More Options icon User uploaded file to the right of the song, album, or playlist name.
  3. Tap the Download icon User uploaded file to the right of the item's artwork. If you see a User uploaded file instead of the download icon, the item isn't in your iCloud Music Library. Tap the User uploaded file to add the item to My Music, then tap the download icon to download the item to your device.

Songs and albums appear under My Music > Library. Playlists appear under My Music > Playlists.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

iTunes match after phone upgrafe.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.