Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cover arts on itunes 12.3.3.17

Hello everyone,

I am using since years itunes on my windows pc. Now I have installed the latest version (12 - 64-bit version).

It worked great since some weeks ago; now it doesn't memorize the album covers.

I have over 1.500 albums ripped from my cd's on itunes, and the last 10 do not include the cover.

I tried more and more times to add the cover to any album, but it doesn't work.😠

Can somebody help me?

pc-OTHER, Windows 7, 64-bit

Posted on May 3, 2016 10:55 AM

13 replies

May 4, 2016 2:36 AM in response to javaliga

Hello, thanks for your reply.

right now, I'm attemprting to add the cover to an album. Following, I'll describe all the operations:

open itunes

look for an album without cover

click on the album icon with the right button of the mouse

click on "informations"

on the bar on the top of the info windows, click on "cover" (the second of the 4 buttons of the bar)

click on "add cover" on the lower left side of the window

a new windows with all the images I stored on my pc it opens

select the proper image (jpg format); now the cover image is shown in the window

click on "OK" and nothing happens: the album is still without cover.

strange, isn't it?

May 10, 2016 10:48 AM in response to edo61

• Why not try ripping using iTunes?
  • If it hasn't worked previously why do you expect it to work now?
  • With Windows Media Player I would normally recommend ripping to mp3 if you want a file that you can access in both iTunes and Windows Media Player.
  • That indicates that iTunes knows it cannot successfully add art to that track, either through lack of permissions or because the format doesn't support it.

tt2

May 12, 2016 4:03 AM in response to turingtest2

I will try, But in my audio/video equipment at home, I need WMA format, so I always rip the CD's with Windows media audio and store them in memory; then I copy and paste the files in iTunes, who automatically convert them in mp4 format. I only need musicasl files in iTunes just to store them in mobile phones. I always did so, and it alwais work fine. I don'think that rip the cd's with iTunes could be the solution, but I'll try and I'll let you know.

May 13, 2016 2:15 AM in response to turingtest2

Hello,

for major clarity, I do resume what happening to me with the last version of iTunes:

- I ripped over 1,500 CD's with Windows Media Player in WMA format, and stored them in my audio equipment at home;

- having the necessity to store music into iPhones, I also stored these WMA files in iTunes, who automatically converted them into mp4.

- to these files, I always added the artworks, all in jpg format.

- everything went fine but, in the last 10 ripped CD's I stored on iTunes, it results impossible to add the relative artworks.

So the problem is not with which program I ripped the CD's, or the format; it always have been the same, and it always work great.

It didn't work just with the last 10 CD's; I try to add them, but without any result.

Hope it was clear now

May 13, 2016 2:21 AM in response to edo61

Strange. One last thing to check would be the import settings in iTunes. When it converts imported WMA it uses the current import format. If you had set this to WAV for some other task, for example, then iTunes wouldn't be able to add artwork to the imported files. Did you double check the format of the recent conversions to make sure the same format was used as previously?

tt2

May 27, 2016 2:46 AM in response to turingtest2

hello you previously found the solution.

Due to an unknown reason, the last 10 ripped CD's I added to iTunes were not automatically converted into mp4 or apple lossless as usual, but thei remained in the same WMA format. This is the reason 'cause I am not able to add the artwork on these files.

Solution found. Now I will cancel the files in WMA format, and I'll add once converted into .mp4 format. Then everything will be ok

Thank you again for all your help

Cover arts on itunes 12.3.3.17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.