Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i Reset my iPhone by Wiping It Completely out do this also wipe out all the updates

If i reset my iPhone by Wiping It Completely out does this also delete all iOS updates?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on May 3, 2016 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2016 11:41 AM

It wipes everything on the phone, but when you restore the iPhone using iTunes, it automatically installs the latest iOS.

5 replies

May 3, 2016 12:19 PM in response to Traggette

If giving it away, first be sure to disable find my iphone and then sign yourself out of your iCloud account. then also sign out of iMessages to remove the link of that device with your phone number. Now go into settings and use the "erase all content and setting" option. When the device restarts and comes to the setup screen, just power it off and give it to your son. When he powers it on, it will boot to the setup screen and he can then set it up and configure it as his own device.

May 3, 2016 1:26 PM in response to Traggette

It's not clear from the conversation above whether you're using the current iOS version right now (9.3.1). So I would recommend the following steps. Note the second bullet is what Michael Black recommends just above:

if i Reset my iPhone by Wiping It Completely out do this also wipe out all the updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.