Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore an old backup deleted recent pictures

to make a long story short, due to a problem (bug) i restored an old back up by mistake that deleted my pictures that were

taken after the date of the backup.

i would like to know if i can go back to my previous setup and relevant pictures without the up to date backup.

thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 12:05 PM

2 replies

May 3, 2016 12:13 PM in response to Adi Barkai

Restoring from a backup over-writes and replaces everything on the device with what is in the backup. So yes, it deletes the current content and replaces it with the backup content.

If you have a newer backup with the missing pictures you can restore from that - this would again replace everything that is on the device now with whatever is in the backup you use. However, without an up to date backup, or a separate archive of those photo's (e.g. did you import them in Photo's on your Mac?) then those pictures are not recoverable.

Restore an old backup deleted recent pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.