Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Hardware test "ERROR 4SNS/1/C0000008: TBOT--124"

MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Early 2011

Model A1286. 2.2 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 Processor

Hello

Sorry if my English is not so good, I do my best (i'm from Portugal)

Macbook shut dow continuously...

After a Apple Hardware test, the result is "ERROR 4SNS/1/C0000008: TBOT--124"

After a search, I found that is about battery sensor

It's possible replace that sensor?

Where is located this sensor?

Or is a battery problem?

Laptop purchased used, seller tell me that Logic Board and battery are new (last month)

Battery is new (original), with 8 cycles

Laptop is very heat from left side too...

Best regards

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on May 3, 2016 12:25 PM

6 replies

May 3, 2016 12:50 PM in response to BOXERBOSS

I suspect that your problem is with the battery. A 2011 MBP battery would have far more than 8 cycles in 5-6 years of use. What is the source of the replacement battery, Apple? If so, they are warranted for one year. If it is a third party battery, some one may have installed a defective counterfeit.

Your best option is to have the MBP evaluated at an Apple store genius bar or an Authorized Apple Service Provider. You are dealing with hardware issues.

You may try a SMC reset, but I doubt that will solve your problem:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Ciao.

May 3, 2016 12:50 PM in response to BOXERBOSS

Your English is just fine--many levels better than my Portugese to be sure!

That is indeed a battery temperature sensor. It is possible that whoever replaced the battery and logic board failed to connect something. Unless a wire is loose, sensors are not typically user-serviceable, often being integral with the logic board.

A bad battery sensor could also be due to a sub-standard aftermarket battery, too. Those are all-too-common because Apple does not sell MBP batteries unless they install them. We "Average Guys" cannot buy an official Apple battery for installing at home. If the battery is in Apple packaging, it is counterfeit.

I recommend you return the computer to the seller and ask that he either fix it as his expense or refund your money.

Apple Hardware test "ERROR 4SNS/1/C0000008: TBOT--124"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.