Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting rid of the inconvenient safari search bar glitch when using google

Hi, Im writing here for some help in the safari browser in iPhone

so the problem is that every time I open the safari and search using google I'll be directed to its homepage which had an underlining on my search keywords. I've attached the picture below. This is causing me to have a redundant clicking everytime I search. It might be okay for once or two, but it's annoying since I really searched a lot .

and also, the environmrnt I am in had blocked the Google site, so as showing in the picture I am using the vpn.

And sorry first cuz I'm using the iPhone to type it in, the picture might be very big for those who are trying to help cyz I can't find a way to adjust the size:

any one?User uploaded file

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 12:32 PM

5 replies

May 3, 2016 12:55 PM in response to Ppleuser

Try resetting Safari. Close Safari completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Safari preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Safari pane by scrawling to the left. Then go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Also try turning off Safari Suggestions. Settings > Safari > Safari Suggestions to Off.

May 3, 2016 1:28 PM in response to elcpu

hi elcpu, thanks for the suggestion!

I tried but it does not work. Such a pity.

The page are still showing that annoying redundant notification. It is in Chinese, and it reads" please add Google to your favorite " , and I actually followed it but nothing happened.

and Btw, do you know how to backup history data if im gonna to wipe the safari next time?

i just want to keep them even though I am going to redo the software.

Getting rid of the inconvenient safari search bar glitch when using google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.