Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not enough space on iPhone to restore back up on 16g

Hi guys,

My 32gb iPhone 5s was stolen a while ago, and I have some really sentimental photos on that phones back up. I recently bought another iPhone on eBay, which was advertised as a 32g, but when I received it, it turned out to be a 16g. So annoying. Anyway, I tried to restore it with my back up, but got the error message "not enough space on iPhone to restore".

So, I know know there are ways around this where you can download programmes to remove files from back up, to shrink the data size, then ultimately be able to restore it on a smaller gig phone.

I downloaded this program, but got scared that I'd mess something up and that I would lose my photos forever! Has anyone got any other suggestions? Maybe if I take my computer and my phone to an Apple store, they can do something for me? Has anyone done something like this?

THANK YOU!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2016 11:50 AM

Return the iPhone. If you got sent the wrong size, and can prove it was advertised as a different size, you need to get the correct phone for what you paid.

I would not recommend altering a backup. If you delete the wrong file, or put something in the wrong spot, it will defeat the purpose of having the backup in the first place.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2016 11:50 AM in response to kc0910

Return the iPhone. If you got sent the wrong size, and can prove it was advertised as a different size, you need to get the correct phone for what you paid.

I would not recommend altering a backup. If you delete the wrong file, or put something in the wrong spot, it will defeat the purpose of having the backup in the first place.

Not enough space on iPhone to restore back up on 16g

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.