Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete apps

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to delete an app that does not have an icon that shows but is running. I would like to delete other apps as well but want to make sure that they actually delete. I've searched the support site but found nothing. Suggestions on how to do this?

Linda

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2016 12:51 PM

Settings / General / Storage & iCloud Usage / click on Manage Storage in the Storage section, wait for the list to build, locate the victim, click on its icon, Delete App.

Note that you cannot delete iOS Built-In apps.

3 replies

May 3, 2016 12:44 PM in response to claminator

claminator wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to delete an app that does not have an icon that shows but is running.

It may be that you have too many home screens filled up and that hides all other apps that you have on the phone or it is buried in a folder and you don't realize it.

You can swipe down from the middle of a home screen to get to the search field. Type the name of the app in the text field at the top and if the app is on the phone in a folder, the name of the folder will appear to the right of the app name.

IF you can find it but you want to delete it, go to Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Storage>Manage Storage. Let the list of apps load and then tap on the one you want to delete. Delete it in the next screen.

delete apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.