Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help: Authorized devices

Hello! My laptop's hard drive got completely wiped out due to a faulty recovery disk sent by Acer. I lost everything. I reinstalled iTunes onto my same laptop and it is saying that I have 4 out of the 5 allowable authorized devices. I should only have 3 out of 5 because it is the same computer! Since everything was erased I can't go back and deauthorize. Does anyone know how to fix this? My ip address would still be the same.

One of the other devices I had was my family's old desktop and I don't even have access to it anymore. I'd like to deauthorize that one too.

I tried to manage my account and view devices but none will show up! I was hoping to erase them from there. All it says is "more information" so I click on that and it says to click on "view details." That isn't even an option!

This is all very frustrating so if anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it!

Posted on May 3, 2016 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 5:51 PM

See Deauthorize your computer using iTunes - Apple Support - you can deauthorize all and then authorize the computers you do use.

See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device if applicable.

tt2

3 replies

Please help: Authorized devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.