Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do my current photos upload to icloud?

I've just bought the 50GB iCloud service.

I turned on all the options on both devices.

My iPhone now says it was last updated 8:03pm, and yet NO photos have been uploaded. If I go to the iCloud screen from the homescreen, it shows only one file in Pages.

Surely in the last 2 hours it would have uploaded at least some of the photos??

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on May 3, 2016 1:29 PM

28 replies

May 3, 2016 2:18 PM in response to Eric Root

When you say slow... are you talking like 10kb a min? surely in 2 hours a few photos have been uploaded??

I read that One Drive is slow. Drop box isn't too bad. But this is beyond "slow". It's like it's not even moving. If it takes this long to upload one photo, it will take MONTHS to upload over 800.

I just wondered if something was wrong, to take this long.

Or maybe the "uploading 834 photos", won't go down one at a time. but suddenly drop by a 100 or so??

May 4, 2016 6:53 AM in response to simon_a6

Simon,

The iCloud App screen will not display photos...only other types of files. Photos on iOS devices must be viewed with the Photos App. You can however view photos on a compatible computer if you go to iCloud.com, and select the Photos Web App. That would be a good step to take in order to verify that you have successfully enrolled the ICPL.

What iCloud Photos settings do you have selected on your devices? Settings>iCloud>Photos?

Are you also syncing with a computer?

User uploaded file

May 4, 2016 6:57 AM in response to Ferd II

Update - all files have gone up.

I left the phone running over night and finally, they have gone from 800... to all being up there.

Yes I now understand about iCloud, as it's not for images.

I can now see all images on both devices, and I can see how to access them via iCloud, which is useful if I Want to show a pic, and save it to a friend's PC.

Initially it was the speed issue. 2 hours and nothing, but it seems that the figure shown, is not "real time". It goes down when it updates. So whereas it may have been 834, it could have been down to 700. At the time I didnt' know to check icloud.com.

Time will tell how useful I find this.

But so far it's ok, as if I am using my iPad I can show all photos, without having to scan through Dropbox.

Question: can you create folders in Moments, so for example, "Holiday in Dorset". Can you do that, so those folders are on all devices?

May 4, 2016 9:10 AM in response to simon_a6

simon_a6 wrote:

Question: can you create folders in Moments, so for example, "Holiday in Dorset". Can you do that, so those folders are on all devices?

You have to create a Folder in "Albums," by using the + icon in the upper left-hand corner of the Albums window. After creating the folder you will be offered an opportunity to add your desired photos to that album. When you have completed the process, that "Album" will be displayed on all devices.

User uploaded file

Do my current photos upload to icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.