Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Theft Prevention

Hello,

My wife and I have been iPhone patrons for the past four years. I do like the iPhone a lot and thanks to apple for its good products. That said, it's very painful when you lose your iPhone. My wife and I have had our iPhones stolen at some point and despite the find your iPhone app, we couldn't retrieve them because the thief turned the phone off. However this could have been prevented if turning the phone off required a password or something to prevent the stranger from turning off the phone. That way the find my iPhone app would be more useful in theft cases. Nobody really turns their phone off on a regular basis so I'm sure it won't affect iphone owners at all. Is it possible to have an update that requires a password to turn the iPhone?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2016 2:08 PM

This topic has already been beaten to death. A passcode to turn off the phone would not solve the problem. It would also likely make them illegal to sell as it would potentially fail regulatory tests because it could not be turned off if it were damaged i such a way as to physically prevent passcode entry.

Location tracking is easily defeated by putting it in airplane mode , wrapping the phone in foil, or simply removing the SIM.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2016 2:08 PM in response to kyamoah10

This topic has already been beaten to death. A passcode to turn off the phone would not solve the problem. It would also likely make them illegal to sell as it would potentially fail regulatory tests because it could not be turned off if it were damaged i such a way as to physically prevent passcode entry.

Location tracking is easily defeated by putting it in airplane mode , wrapping the phone in foil, or simply removing the SIM.

iPhone Theft Prevention

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.