Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage problems on iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 4 with a small amount of storage (maybe 8 GB?) to the iPhone 6 Plus with 64 GB. I got more storage because I had been running out of storage on my previous phone and knew I would need more storage moving forward for apps I need for work. I migrated everything over to the new phone and everything was fine for a while. I then recorded three hour-long interviews using the Rev app, and then deleted them when I was done, but the amount of storage used is still as if I had not deleted them. I've deleted all of the photos, texts, and apps I can possibly part with, and I still have only 700 MB to play with. If I manually add up the storage space for each app listed, I'm only using about 4GB, yet it says I'm using 54.6 GB. I will need to do more interviews soon, so I'm desperately seeking ways to free up the storage from those old interviews that have been deleted for months but somehow are still clogging up my storage space.

64GB

Posted on May 3, 2016 2:38 PM

13 replies

May 3, 2016 2:55 PM in response to adventure101_2000

You likely have a corrupted system or app and if so would have to do a System Restore as per below. I have had the same issue and the restore resolved it.

System Restore. First backup your device using iTunes. Then import your photos to your computer and copy all important data. Try restoring from backup first and testing it. If it does not help, you may have to restore as New and reconfigure from scratch as the backup could be corrupted. For this reason it is important to have your photos and data saved separately from the backup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

May 3, 2016 8:26 PM in response to adventure101_2000

I tried doing a backup and restore, but with no improvement, so I went whole hog and just did a full restore to the factory settings, which is unfortunate and will take me the next few days to fully get everything set up again the way I like it. If it does the same thing again after my next set of interviews, and I have to restore to factory settings yet again I'm going to be thoroughly annoyed.

Storage problems on iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.