Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash sms warning?

Numerous times today, at least four, I have recieved a strange on screen message stating "Sms message - sorry the number you are sending to does not contain enough digits. please check the number and try again. -DISMISS" it at the bottom of the screen it states "why am I getting this message" which then goes on to say it could be a flash sms and someone attempting to gain my information.

help, why is this happening?

is it safe?

COuld be be a coincidence could be random but my phone rebooted itself this morning with no prompting to do so.

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 3:14 PM

8 replies

May 3, 2016 4:14 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:

Is there an echo in here?

I often open up multiple post in taps as I'm going through a forum. Sometimes, it means I've had a post up for a couple of minutes and, if I forget to refresh, I end up answering a few minutes after someone else with a similar answer. I try not to get bent if someone answers at close to the same time as me with the same answer. On the other hand, when it's quite a while later....... 😉

Flash sms warning?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.