Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apple ID is disabled and i cant update any of my apps. How do I fix this?

It says that my Apple ID has been disabled when I go to update my apps on the app store but I am signed into my apple ID in my settings.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3

Posted on May 3, 2016 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 8:58 AM

I've tried all of this. I can reset my password. I've done it several times. I can log in to my apple id online and on my phone. However, I can not download or update any apps. I continue to receive the apple id is disabled message.

6 replies

May 3, 2016 2:13 PM in response to Lloparto

In case you did not read the article from which you started this question

===

If your Apple ID is locked

If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services. You can unlock your Apple ID after you verify your identity.

If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

When you see one of these alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password or to reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.

If you use two-step verification, you need to use your recovery key and a trusted device. And if you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to unlock your Apple ID.

If you see a message that is different from the alerts above and you can't reset your password, contact us for help.

Learn more

After you change your password, you might need to update it in your iCloud settings and in any Apple services that you sign in to with your Apple ID. Learn more about Apple ID and where you can use it.

Last Modified: Mar 16, 2016

my apple ID is disabled and i cant update any of my apps. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.