Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes used to be able to "see" my iPhonr 6 plus

• I am trying to dl and install an app from iTunes store to my iPhone6 plus.
  • Somehow, iTunes can't find my iPhone.
  • I am running windows 10 (!@#$)
  • I am using iTunes 12.3.3.17 which is the version that iTunes says is up to date.
  • Earlier today I ran an iCloud backup of the iPhone, it finished successfully.
  • I then went out to the iTunes store and downloaded the Glucose Buddy app. It now shows up on my iPhone app screen.
  • So, I hooked up the iPhone into the USB port again and iTunes doesn't see it.
  • I went out to the Account page and it was there, so I removed it hoping to reinstall it.

My real question seems to be; How do I reinstall the iPhones to iTunes? Just plugging it into the USB port does nothing.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 3, 2016 3:17 PM

8 replies

May 4, 2016 9:43 AM in response to doug dsa

If your iOS device isn't showing in iTunes try the following:

1. Open Control Panel > Device Manager
  2. Plug in your device
  3. Locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
    It is also possible the device may show under Imaging Devices, Portable Devices or Other Devices or as an MTB USB Device.
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software...
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  6. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  7. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  8. Click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  9. Click Next, then Close and exit Device Manager

For step 3 above, open the device manager. Expand any of these sections that are listed.

• Universal Serial Bus Controllers
  • Imaging Devices
  • Portable Devices
  • Other Devices

Connect the device. You should hear the telltale sound of Windows device connection and one section should gain a new entry. That should be your device. It may not be labelled correctly at this stage. If you don't hear a noise suspect a damaged cable.

Or try If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Failing that try a full tear down and rebuild of iTunes as set out in Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

Or lastly try rolling back to the last build of iTunes that worked for you. See iTunes installers for download links. If you're rolling back from 12.3.3.17 to 12.3.2.35, for example, then you'll also need to roll back the database in the way described in Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash. The tip includes suggestions for reintroducing any recent purchases so at worst you lose a few playcounts and/or a recently created playlist.

tt2

May 7, 2016 3:33 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for all of the information.

I took some of your advice (I think). I reinstalled iTunes. The new version started up normally. All of my music was there. All of my iPhone apps were there (except a few I recently installed). It also recognized my IPhone. Then it asked me If I wanted to add my phone as a new device, or would I like to restore a version from 2 weeks ago. It gave me no other choices. I have made modifications to the iPhone including adding an app or two. I am now very satisfied with the phone as it is. I don't want to restore a previous version, nor add the phone as new. I would like to back up the current version of the phone, with all of my changes to the cloud using iTunes. Do you know of any way to do this without a restore or new iPhone add?

Thanks or any help you are able to provide. I have recently migrated over from Android. I like this phone (6plus) much better, but it takes a lot of getting used too!

iTunes used to be able to "see" my iPhonr 6 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.