Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive keeps on asking for update that I have already installed (Windows 10)

So I have a laptop running Windows 10. I have both iTunes and iCloud drive installed on it. Whenever I start iTunes, it automatically checks whether any of my apple software has any updates. For a while now it always tells me tht there is an update available for iCloud (it used to be 5.1, now it's 5.2), but no matter how often i install the update, the next time he checks he offer me the same update again. How can I make the checker undeerstand that I already have the newest verson of iCloud Drive? I assume some registry entry might have gotten messed up somehow...

Thanks,

schawsk

Windows 10

Posted on May 3, 2016 3:34 PM

5 replies

May 19, 2016 9:50 PM in response to schawsk

In referring to another article on the forum, here's what I found

h/t to TheProblemSolver

From what I can tell, a registry entry didn't get deleted in a previous update.

In order to correct this, you'll need to edit the registry.

In the search bar / cortana, type regedit. It should bring up regedit.exe. Click it to open the registry editor.

Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCodes\0C02866596E20E1128D16590FD7D0258

(You can also go to Edit>Find and type in that last part if you want to be sure you get the right one.)

You should find three entries in that key. One is default, and the other two are hex codes like the key above.

HIghlight 32D2A907E52C5B742986BCF6EE465840 and press delete.

Try running the Apple Software Updater again. It shouldn't come up with the iCloud update.

iCloud Drive keeps on asking for update that I have already installed (Windows 10)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.