Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Testing MacBook Pro components

I replaced the logic board in my 2008 MBP last week it worked for a few days and now won't startup. The power light comes on, I hear the DVD drive make its usual noise and that's it. No startup chime. Nothing on the screen. The Genius at the Apple Store wasn't able to do anything either. But she told me I could test it with the "Minimum system configuration" in order to determine if it's the logic board or something else. Basically this means disconnect everything but the fans, RAM, and speaker. If it doesn't chime, the logic board is bad. If it does, then add 1 component at a time to find what's bad.

My problem: I've searched for proper instructions on how to do it but I can't find anything. Does anyone know of any instructions for doing this?

MacBook Pro 2.5GHz

Posted on May 3, 2016 5:20 PM

4 replies

Testing MacBook Pro components

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.