Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers & Pages app don't access my iCloud Data

Environment: Mac OS X version 10.11.4

Scenario: I can see my documents in the icloud, but not access them.

User uploaded file

However I'm unable to access them:

User uploaded file

System Error Code: -8060.

I tried toggling on/off via System Preferences.

What is the remedy here?

... I TRUSTED Apple an am paying for storage!

Posted on May 3, 2016 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2016 4:38 PM

Have you tried accessing them in your browser in Numbers for iCloud at iCloud.com? If they show up there you can try downloading them (via the 'Tool' icon).

If you aren't doing so already, it would be a good idea to do regular backups via Time Machine.

SG

5 replies

May 3, 2016 4:57 PM in response to UncleRic

Glad to hear you still have them!

You can try downloading them from iCloud.com, putting a copy of each one in a "safe" place, and then try opening them with the Numbers/Pages apps. If they open ok, then you could try moving them into the iCloud Drive folders, replacing the existing versions there, and see if that works (again, making sure before you try all this that you've first put copies away in a safe place).

I've kept my documents in iCloud for several years now, without problems. For me a big advantage of doing that is the seamless sync with iOS, which you don't get with Dropbox.

Wherever you decide to keep them in the cloud, if they are important documents be sure to keep offline backups via Time Machine or whatever other system you like!

SG

May 3, 2016 5:02 PM in response to SGIII

I've been studying the console logs for any clues.

This may be a security issue:

May 3 16:11:35 [50396] <Error>: connection attempt from pid 50384 missing entitlement: com.apple.securebackupd.access

May 3 16:19:30 [50396] <Error>: connection attempt from pid 50433 missing entitlement: com.apple.securebackupd.access

May 3 16:20:17 [50396] <Error>: connection attempt from pid 50464 missing entitlement: com.apple.securebackupd.access

I once tried to kill a suspected virus (turns out it was a Safari advertisement-plug from some nefarious vender warning me a viruses every 3 minutes) so cleaned out unknown files and perhaps cleaned out the keychain file.

So I suspect I don't have the correct entitlement.

... but don't have a remedy yet.

Numbers & Pages app don't access my iCloud Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.