Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Corruption? Need help deleting.

I have a 10.11.4 OSX El Capitan 2013 Macbook Air. I'm having a problem on iMovie 10.1.2. I felt that iM (iMovie) was too laggy so I decided it was time to delete some old projects. Since I was able to open iM but it was too slow to try to delete anything, I tried deleting projects directly from the iMovie Library program in my computer files. When I opened it, I started deleting the files (folders) that were named after my older projects and emptied the trash. When I looked at iMovie, however, the place where the movie was in my project library was replaced by the project with a gray square thumbnail and the same title. iM initially said they were "damaged" and asked me to repair them. When I declined, I found I was unable to delete or trash the projects, but I can delete everything else. I can't find the now called "null" files back in the files folder I deleted them in. What do I do to get rid of these corrupted, unfixable files?

Thanks!

iMovie 10, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 3, 2016 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 6:30 AM

Howdy Ryan Dubb,

If you're removed contents from the iMovie Library package, you'll need to create a new iMovie Library, copy the content that you'd like to keep to the new library, then remove the original library from your system.

iMovie 10.x: Work with multiple libraries
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22822

Sincerely

7 replies

May 8, 2016 8:00 AM in response to CarlAVII

Hi Allen,

I had read the article, but unfortunately had dragged the project folders directly onto my desktop from the old library, created a new library, and dragged the projects back in. After deleting the old library, the projects would not appear in iMovie, no matter how I tried to import them. I did not touch the iMovie Events, Camera Archives, or Project folders at all. I dragged the folders straight out of the old library itself.User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file no matter how I tried to import them.

iMovie Corruption? Need help deleting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.