Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does Final Cut Pro have higher resolution audio and video than iMovie?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2 GB Ram

Posted on May 3, 2016 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 3:47 AM

IT can have. If you put in higher resolution to start.

11 replies

May 4, 2016 3:54 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Mr. Wolsky,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm asking how to do what you posted. ----

Right now, I have ripped the movie El Infierno off of a DVD using MacX DVD Ripper Pro.

I imported it into iMovie, where I am transcribing the dialog in Spanish and writing out subtitles in Spanish all the way through the whole movie.

I'm using the feature of iMovie that it can slow down a selection, to hear the dialog slower when it is too fast for me to understand. (Spanish is my second language.)

I've noticed that there is quite a bit of audio distortion in iMovie, as compared to listening to the movie using the DVD playing from the DVD player.

Because of this, I ask myself, if it would possible to get a better audio resolution using Final Cut Pro, or even some way to tweak iMovie to do this?

What is your opinion on this?

Awaiting your reply,

--Ben, mariachi musician and Spanish/English interpreter

May 4, 2016 6:36 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Mr. Wolsky,

Thanks for helping me with this. I'm not sure if the disc is copy protected. How does one figure this out?

As for as the movie file that I imported into iMovie, here is the "Get Info" stuff about it:

User uploaded file

Please let me know if there is any other information that I could provide you with that would help you to give your opinion how to best improve the audio and video resolution, or lessen the audio distortion, of my iMovie project with El Infierno in it.

May 6, 2016 11:09 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I've got the whole movie imported in an iMovie Project. To hear clips slowed down, I select the region that I want to hear more closely. Then I hit the Speed or Tempo button. This allows me to select how slow or fast I want to hear it. I've been working on this same project since March2015, and I transcribe the dalog in Spanish into subtitles using the "title" feature of iMovie.

After I had been doing this for a couple months, I noticed that there is a lot of audio distortion on the iMovie project, as compared to just watching the original DVD in the DVD player. Sometimes consonants sound a different consonant, "T" sounds like "S" or vice versa. other times syllables seem to be switched around in order.

The whole work might be very valuable in the end, what prompted it was disovering that you can't get the movie with subtitles in Spanish.

Do you have any idea what might be causing the audio distoartion?

Thanks,

B

May 6, 2016 11:21 AM in response to music lessons NE Wisconsin

I Don't see any reason for that. Perhaps you might try the iMovie forum. Someone there might be familiar with the problem.

COuld you you give the complete specs of the media from the QuickTime player inspector window.

IN both iMovie and FCP you can play the video slowed down by holding the right arrow key or by holding K and L together.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.