Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing .fcpevent files

I'm trying to import a .fcpevent file into my Final Cut Pro X on my Mac, but it's not allowing me to do so. Any idea why this might be or how to import the working file?

Posted on May 3, 2016 7:55 PM

5 replies

May 3, 2016 8:27 PM in response to Russ H

What happened was I had to erase my OS X system before I had a chance to do a full computer backup. Since I couldn't turn my computer back on fully before the erase, I had the Apple Store drag the files I needed (it had been 30 days since my last backup) onto my external hard drive. So my computer is back to where it was 30 days ago (before the event I was working on was created). So the event is not in my library on my Final Cut Pro since everything in the last 30 days was erased. I'm trying to open up the working file (.fcpevent) from the external hard drive onto my Final Cut Pro now. I've been able to re-upload upload all the media that was saved on the external, but not the actual project itself.

May 4, 2016 4:13 AM in response to mds445

Thanks for that background.

Have you since gone inside the library on the external drive to move or copy the fcpevent file?

If the fcpevent file is inside a library double-click it to open. If it has already been moved outside the library, try copying it back into the package, closing and re-opening.

If that does not work, in the external drive take a look in your user account (assuming it was moved intact) Movies > Final Cut Backups to see whether the latest backup copy of that library contains the project. Again, just double-click the latest timestamped copy to open the library.

Russ

Importing .fcpevent files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.