Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone calling random numbers

Hi all,

Recently my phone has been making phone calls and facetime calls to random numbers I am not familiar with. It will say I made several calls to the same number as well as missed calls from that number. The catch is that in very rare cases it says I called some friends. Weird part is they say I never made the call to them. Even though my logs say I was on the phone with them for minutes at a time. For all calls incoming/receiving, I have had the phone on me and have not caught it ringing ONCE. I also never get any notifications that I missed any calls. The only time I notice this problem is when I go to the phone app to make a call and see an entire page of call logs that I didn't make. Its starting to make me worry because it occurs almost every day now.

Thanks for any help!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3

Posted on May 3, 2016 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2016 8:56 PM

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

If this does not solve the issue - then chances are that it is a hardware issue with the proximity sensor or a potentially failing screen

Please make a Genius appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2016 8:56 PM in response to GnoDiaz

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

If this does not solve the issue - then chances are that it is a hardware issue with the proximity sensor or a potentially failing screen

Please make a Genius appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

Phone calling random numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.