Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot camp problem! Help!

Hello guys. I've just got a new rMBP for more than a week (first time Mac user). I decided to do boot camp for windows but I've been struggling with many problems. (Pictures from Google)

I opened up boot camp, then click continue. As I've read and watched tutorials, mine didn't show this.

User uploaded file

Instead, it directed me to this.

User uploaded file

I put the ISO file (not from microsoft website, i got it from someone i bought product key with and he said no 3rd-party crack, etc added) and I divided 100GB for Windows. (It didn't ask me for USB so I didn't put mine). And then, it said "Downloading Windows support software" and it took forever so I just left it in with Caffeine app on. After I came back to check, the boot camp was gone (maybe it restarted, but I don't know!). I opened BCA and clicked continue and it said "Restore disk to a single volume". I didn't understand. I restarted and pressed option. Only macintosh detected. I then searched in google how to remove Windows and read from support apple page that I should open Disk Utility, and then choose BOOTCAMP, and erase. I did that but didn't work. However, I realized that I could remove Windows from the restore disk to a single volume. But instead of that, this appeared.

User uploaded file

I'm so frustated right now, I really need the Windows! About the Disk Utility partition, it can't work for me.

User uploaded file

Someone please help me. As I'm new to mac, please give me guide to do before referring me to some instructions.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), null

Posted on May 3, 2016 10:58 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 7:47 AM in response to McQueeen

Hello McQueeen,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that upon trying to remove the Boot Camp partition from your Mac via Disk Utility, you are now getting an error in Boot Camp Assistant notifying that you must format as a single OS X partition. This has occurred because when removing a Boot Camp partition from your internal HDD (with multiple partitions) you must use Boot Camp Assistant to remove it.

If you installed Windows on a disk that has multiple partitions

1. Start up your Mac in OS X.
  2. Quit all open apps and log out any other users.
  3. Open Boot Camp Assistant, then click Continue.
  4. Select “Remove Windows 7 or later version,” then click Continue.
  5. Do one of the following:
    • If your Mac has a single internal disk, click Restore.
    • If your Mac has multiple internal disks, select the Windows disk, select “Restore disk to a single OS X partition,” then click Continue.

Boot Camp: Remove Windows from your Mac

To get this issue resolved, you will need to remove the partition via Disk Utility. Take a look at the support article linked to below for assistance:

Boot Camp: Partition alert message when using Boot Camp Assistant

Take care.

Boot camp problem! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.