Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to switch Apple ID into the rescue email

I want to use my rescue email as my Apple ID, and my Apple ID as my rescue email. Basically swap them, but it says, "This email is already being used as your rescue email address. Change your rescue address and try again." Once I try changing my rescue email it says, "This email address is being used as an Apple ID." Does this mean I have to make up another email just to change it and then delete the made up one afterwards?

Posted on May 3, 2016 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 9:09 AM

Sort of yes. Yu can try first just deleting the Rescue email address. and then go back later and try using that email for the ID, Then later use the original ID email as rescue.

You can also try contacting Apple:

Contact - Official Apple Support

Note that some links may not work because of a temporary problem with this forum. If that is the case enter the URL shown

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2016 9:09 AM in response to BlooJ02

Sort of yes. Yu can try first just deleting the Rescue email address. and then go back later and try using that email for the ID, Then later use the original ID email as rescue.

You can also try contacting Apple:

Contact - Official Apple Support

Note that some links may not work because of a temporary problem with this forum. If that is the case enter the URL shown

How to switch Apple ID into the rescue email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.