Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased ringtone from iTunes Store

I purchased a ringtone from iTunes on my iPhone 6 and I'm not able to find it anywhere, not even in my purchased folder. Any suggestions?

iPhone 6s

Posted on May 3, 2016 9:19 PM

3 replies

May 4, 2016 1:19 AM in response to Donandmel

What 'purchased folder' are you looking at ? If you bought it on that phone (and the purchase went through ok and you haven't deleted it from the phone), it should show in Settings > Sounds, and in the Contacts app for setting to individual contacts.

If you want it in your computer's iTunes library for backup purposes (tones are a one-time only download from the store, and if it's still on your phone, connect the phone to your computer's iTunes library and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy it over to the Tones section of its library

May 4, 2016 8:58 AM in response to Donandmel

It won't show in Purchased in the iTunes Store app, tones are one-time only downloads from the store - if you want to redownload a tone you have to pay to do so. Tones will show on your other devices (unless you pay to download them from the store on them) if you had copied them over to your computer's iTunes library (File > Devices > Transfer Purchases) and synced them to it.

When did you buy the tone i.e. is it a new purchase, and if so did it download, did the purchase go through successfully and it shows on your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC - Apple Support ?

Purchased ringtone from iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.